TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to court on Wednesday againsed the dickhead cop who gave me the ticket from when I got in a hit-and-run.

Well, the moron that hit me couldn't keep his story straight, and admitted to speeding (but only 10 over, not 30 as really happened). After the dickhead cop gave me witnesses some ****, in his closing arguments he said it didn't matter what happened afterwords (because, you know, cutting an imaginary car that the guy that hit me made up is worse than hit and run). The judge, at that point, told the cop yeah, he was right, because case law says that speeders, even those that admit to speeding as little as 5MPH, waive their right of way. I could have ran the stop sign, and parked the car in front of him and it would have been his fault. So, those ****s at State Farm are going to pay up.

I'm seriously thinking about hiring a lawyer, suing this guy into oblivion, and then suing the PA State Police for being so moronic. Let them pay for the days I had to take off of work because my car didn't work.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
So wait, what was the result of the hearing? The guy who hit you was in court, couldn't keep his story straight, and the judge found in your favor, so he/his insurance is paying to fix the car?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
err, yeah. I got a ticket for supposedly cutting the guy off, and he got a ticket for hitting me.

He plead guilty, I plead not guilty. In the mean time, his insurance company denied my claim, because if i WERE found guilty, the accident would have been my fault. But, the judge found me not guilty, so they're picking up the car tomorrow.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Vegeta99 said:
I'm seriously thinking about hiring a lawyer, suing this guy into oblivion, and then suing the PA State Police for being so moronic. Let them pay for the days I had to take off of work because my car didn't work.

Piece of advice.. Don't sue the PD. Whether you win or lose against them, they will most likely have a bounty on your head afterwards and give you a ticket for the smallest infraction.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They already do! I'm 19.

Hell, just last week, I got a ticket for 54 in a 35... the cop gave me "a break" and said I was going 44. Actually, the guy in front of me was doing 44, so once again, the cops missed something obvious: If I was 3 seconds behind the guy in front of me, I couldn't have been doing 54, unless my car is capable of going through other cars without harm (which, by the way, isn't possible, or else I wouldn't have this whole problem in the first place!)

Last year, I was robbed. By my landlord. Five eyewitnesses. The cops? They did nothing whatsoever. Three days later he changed my locks as a punishment for calling the cops. So, I called the police again, and they came, and threatened to arrest ME for trespassing (he did NOT evict me legally. I was holding rent in an escrow because I had no hot water, no heat, and rather irregular electric service. He got sick of it, so he changed my locks)!

Two years back, my buddy was called by the cops to go in for questioning. They didn't tell him this, but apparently some girl at a party had said he raped her. He DID have sex with a girl there, and he told them that, and gave a DNA sample voluntarily. Six months later, they knocked his door down, thew him in prison (on a Friday, no less, so he couldn't post bail), and charged him with rape. Finally, the girl came forward and said it was a lie so she didn't get busted for partying. They let him go, but not before harassing everyone else that was (or even wasn't! The investigating officer showed up at my door and *****ed at me because I wouldn't tell him anything. Why? I wasn't there. Hmm.), insisting that the rape HAD to have happened, despite the fact that the girl lied.

Three years back, my brother ran away. My mom called the cops... once right after, and once about a day later. They wouldn't even come out and get a picture of the kid in case he was found.

I'm moving out of the area soon. SOMEONE needs to tell the local state police barracks to get on the ball. I've seen and heard enough from them.

I'm not saying all cops are bad, but the majority of State Troopers in my area are on a power trip, and they seem to be so goddamn lazy that they can't perform the basic functions of the job.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not for nothing but could it be your attitude and/or the way you talk to them that makes them give you such a hard time??? It's hard to believe that ALL of these cops are 'out to get you'. Has any cop ever been nice and helpful to you?? If not, I think you might wanna change your approach so you get a better response from them. ;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think it's my attitude. Only ONCE did I EVER give a cop an attitude, and, well, I was too drunk to control myself. Not the same PD, either.

Even in this accident, I went to the cops, was polite, and even accepted the citation without giving him any trouble. HE actually threw out some of my evidence. Even when I explained to him very clearly that in order for the other driver's story to be correct, I would have been unable to get his plate number. Unfortunately, my simple logic wasn't simple enough, I guess. At then end of the trial, he got in my face and threatened to press harassment charges against me because I had been calling the hit-and-run driver daily to try and encourage him to fess up. Even after I proved my point to the judge, the cop refused to change his view.

The local city cops know me, and they don't give me ****. They know I've been in my trouble and that I'm not doing anything wrong. The staties on the other hand, in pretty much any scenario I've heard from anyone, victim or not, just don't do their job or act as if they know all and citizens know nothing. I'm not trying to start **** with them, but they automatically think 19 == stupid bull****ting kid, older than 30 == completely truthful.

It's discrimination however you put it. When my brother ran away, it was just plain laziness. Honestly, they have nothing better to do here, so they should be doing good on the easy stuff. I have no problem with the police, but I don't take kindly to being treated like trash.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Sorry, but I find these two facts/statements "amusing". :rofl: :rofl:

Vegeta99 said:
..I was too drunk to control myself. ...
Vegeta99 said:
Hmmmm, last time I checked, 21 was the legal drinking age. So please do not try to insinuate that you are always 100% innocent and “the cops are out to get you...” There are always two sides of a story… and we’re only hearing yours. :D :thumbsup:

And it sounds that the system worked the way it should. You were involved in a accident, the police officer cited both individuals based on his assessment of the situation. You disagreed and went before the judge. The judge ruled in your favor. :thumbsup:

And on a side note, if I had received calls from you on a daily basis about an accident, I would have reported you for harassing phone calls. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts