TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Swapping the engine will be a whole lot easier. I did a quick search on car-part.com for a 2010 crown Victoria engine. I chose police interceptor because they are more plentiful and brought up some promising results. The forth one down sounds like a winner.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,304 Posts
Yes, that price is absurd as has already kind of been shown. $100 is about all a PI intake is worth these days, and untouched PI heads (with cams) might go for $300. The headswap kit from MHS that includes new, genuine Ford parts is around $300 (depending if you want new head bolts or not).

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Someone on the Facebook group just found a 02 explorer engine with everything for $450. Did you try craigslist or car part like Miller said? Whole lot easier and more fun doing the engine swap.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Maybe im looking in the wrong place, but on MHS the PI heads I see are over $1000
He's talking about the accessory parts, PI intake, Valley Tube, Water pump nipple, alternator bracket.

The assumption is you'll get heads from a yard.

·
Super Moderator
9,304 Posts
No to both. Bring rubber bands or something to wrap around the head bolts on the passenger side though. You can't get the center four out all the way because the shock tower is in the way, but they come out far enough to retract completely out of the block.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Does the engine need to be pulled or lifted to get the heads out? I would imagine it needs to be lifted at least a little bit.
It doesn't "need" to be lifted or removed, but it does make the job easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts