TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That is a horrible welding job on that thing. You won't see me putting that thing in my Cougar.

Run like hell from it

·
Registered
166 Posts
i dont buy any parts from ebay unless im positive its from a reputable manufacturer.
just because they are a power seller dont mean crap. my friend bought a "blackburry" instead of a "blackberry" it was some pos that didnt work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.

I was just hoping that the fittings welded into the sides would hold up better than our stock plastic, plus they offer a lifetime warranty. Guess that won't account for much if you have to keep switching them out because of quality issues.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I don't think an aluminum radiator makes enough difference to justify it. I bought a Griffin a while back, extra capacity. It does keep the fluid cooler longer at start up because there is more fluid to heat up, but once the anti-freeze gets to 200+ mark it's just like a stock radiator. Keeping it cool seems to be the problem. If you think about it, it would take a bigger fan or bigger water pump, and most likey both together to keep the fluid to 200 in traffic even with a stock radiator.

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
I bought a brand new radiator at my parts store for $149.00.
Not to go against the grain here, but you can check the sellers feedback. However the picture of the radiator does not look great. The welds do look crappy. Also the core itself looks like a stock piece. So even if its a good radiator, I don't see it being an improvement over stock. I live in Las Vegas, and it gets HOT here. I haven't had any trouble with my stock replacement ever.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
htast pretty cheap but that can bite you in the arse. atleast that one doesnt look like a epileptic welded it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts