TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the 1995 SC that's currently for sale on ebay? It has 16K miles & it looks pristine. It appears to have every option including the rare cell phone option. They want $15,000 for it. I'm always fascinated with the prices people ask for older cars. I know it's in rare condition for it's age but the price still seems way over the top to me.

Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe Supercharged SC | eBay

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,374 Posts
I wonder if that 90's cell phone technology would still be compatible today
No, Analog service died in the early millennium.

I had a moto flip phone at the time, and had to upgrade. :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Be better if it was the 5 speed, though the factory car phone is extremely rare.
5 Speed would have probably made this car a 1 of <5 car. There were only like 550 5 Speeds made in 95. The car phone option would have most definitely put it around 5 cars with the similar options.

Not that our cars are special enough where a 1 of 1 even matters :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
10,374 Posts
That front seat seems to have a lot of wear for a 16k mile car...

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
It's nice, no doubt. At that price, it becomes a museum piece. Not a drivable car, but a piece of art.

As with all used cars sold from a dealer, silicone was applied with a garden hose.

Al

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
A couple of red flags for me that really speak cheap flip to me are the tires and battery. Econo Power is an interstate batteries recycler/refurbisher and nexen tires are chinese garbage. I'd think any savvy buyer with that kind of cash would spot those kind of nuances as well. They are asking well above top dollar for something they clearly shined up and are flipping. They also seem to have refabriced the doors as well, they don't match, are too new and wrong pattern.

·
Super Moderator
16,810 Posts
A couple of red flags for me that really speak cheap flip to me are the tires and battery. Econo Power is an interstate batteries recycler/refurbisher and nexen tires are chinese garbage. I'd think any savvy buyer with that kind of cash would spot those kind of nuances as well. They are asking well above top dollar for something they clearly shined up and are flipping. They also seem to have refabriced the doors as well, they don't match, are too new and wrong pattern.
Notice the passenger door cup is painted black too

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Notice the passenger door cup is painted black too
I did notice. I was hoping you would chime in with that as well. I also agree this car appears to have been in an impact in the front.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Steering wheel has a lot of 'oil' on it, looks too greasy for a sub 20k mile car. I mean it could be a true low mileage car but probably not as well taken care of as the dealer is trying to make it seem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts