TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about getting the girly a ring and i was looking at the ebay tiffanys and they look a little cheap. an average 150 dollar ring sells for like 9.99 on ebay +shipping. whats the opinion on the stuff for sale there...it seems a tad hard to be true and i dont wanna get stuck with tin foil ring.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
if its real then its stolen. I dont think that ya could get one that cheap if its real, maybe 50-75... but who knows you might just get a deal

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Never buy jewely (especially diamonds) that you can not inspect firsthand.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
tinman_72 said:
Never buy jewelry (especially diamonds) that you can not inspect firsthand.

Hear we have flea markets that sell jewelry you can bargain with the people
I always get great deals

I had a ring and bracelet I bought at the market appraised at zales for three times what I paid for it :)

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
What's $10 hurt? As long as it's not real cheap. You could also look at power sellers that sell tons of rings and have high positive feedback. The BEST advice for buying on eBay.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Are we talking "gee your nice, happy birthday" ring? or THE "ring"? lol that would make a big difference. If its just a simple gift, then yea go ebay.

If its a token of true affection and life long commitment, do you really want to say "Man I got a great deal on Ebay?" Or would you rather go to a jewelry store and examine each stone carefully till you found the one that sends her the exact message of how you feel?

As has been stated, ladies seem to be born (or maybe trained young) to spot cheapness. (not to be confused with practicality, which is an admired trait)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts