1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
So did Ford switch to a bigger TB on the Mustangs at a certain year? Just wondering for when I am at the junkyards.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
98' should be the same size as a 96'.
I think he was mistaken on his info, cuz 96-98 had a different size throttle body.
Not sure if there is anything you can do about that, which sux a$$.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's trying to tell me that 98-04 have the same TB on them, which is horse ****. I might be able to do something through paypal, but I doubt it.

His email:
Hey,It came off my 2001 Mustang Saleen which I bought
brand new at the dealer.Thats why I listed the part #
in the description because its just a factory throttle
body.Its the same from 98-2004 thats why the numbers
match.if i was you i would just try re saling it I had
alot of inquiries on it.Thanks Troy

·
8,239 Posts
you can get your money back through paypal, by fileing an alert. I don't have the link anymore but i did it twice successfully. But, try to work it out first with the seller, call them on the phone.

JH

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Not to be a prick, but he listed the part number, and you bought it. You assumed he got the number wrong, you messed up, end of story.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Yeah, it's not like the car it supposedly came off of should have a 98' throttle body.
So I think it's your mistake for assuming (I probably would have done the same thing though), but he appearently "lied" in his auction, so screw him, get your money back however it takes.

Edited: typing while you posted

That sound good, glad you aren't gonna get totally screwed. It may have been an honest mistake on his part. His willing to give you some money back helps support that theory. Hopefully he actually does send you that money.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts