TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
vagnozzi said:
Anyone else seen these turbo kits on http://www.turbochargedpower.com

Anyone put one on their swapped 5.0 HO tbird/cougar?
They don't make anything for an MN12. A couple years ago I placed a $3,500 deposit on a custom kit for my 93 SC with a 5.0 based motor swap. After waiting more than 7 months after they were to supposed to have started the job, I got my money back and took the car to another shop, where I also got screwed.

David

One of the SC guys (Frank B. aka dirtybird) had his car at their shop for over a year and they never even started the job.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Any reason why? Seems odd to me... a t-bird/cougar with a 5.0 seems like it would be a walk in the park for them... what's the deal?

(maybe I ought to open my own shop)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Stoltz13 said:
Any reason why? Seems odd to me... a t-bird/cougar with a 5.0 seems like it would be a walk in the park for them... what's the deal?

(maybe I ought to open my own shop)
I'm guessing it was because of all the Mustang business they already had. They also released a kit for a Corvette about the same time.

David

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yep... I suppose t-birds/cougars would be a low return for the time invested... mustangs and corvettes on the other hand... everybody has one :rolleyes: !

(I'm surprised they don't give them away in cereal boxes and with happy meals :mad: )

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
wow i cant beleive everyone missed this , his car is a fox cougar, one of the fox chassis kits should fit your car with minimal modifcation

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
jk89cat said:
wow i cant beleive everyone missed this , his car is a fox cougar, one of the fox chassis kits should kit your car with minimal modifcation
Good catch!

·
Registered
245 Posts
if i turbod a 3.8..what kinda of mods would be needed+ expense?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
vantage08 said:
if i turbod a 3.8..what kinda of mods would be needed+ expense?
my estimate.... $3000 - 7000... for low boost... perhaps a bigger fuel pump and injectors... good headgaskets...

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Check out Davids car, his is an '88 Cougar with twin turbors that he fabbed himself on a tight budget. He runs Cougarnuts.com and has some information and pictures on the whole process.

-Miller

1 - 11 of 11 Posts