TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, need some help locating, identifying, and possibly swapping ecms in my 91 S. Coupe 5.0. some direction towards pics or other threads is great, i tried searching and couldn't get anything to come up!

i took off the kick plate and took out the glove box(did people really used to put gloves in here?) and i think i found it. but i wanna be sure. its far right behind a plastic shroud and a crap load of wires. the shroud is kind of pryed up so you can see it, but it looks like a real b#tch to deal with!

does it just slide out of there before/after you disconnect everything?

how do all you guys who burn chips routinely, etc. get in there easily?

what are the common code #s found in the auto 5.0 birds and cats? if i saw a list it would help me spot what i'm looking for! need to find out the ecm type so i can talk to someone about a tune!

thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Yeah, you have found it. And it is a real pain in the ass to get it out. I leave mine out, I pulled the wiring away from the fender and then put all the plastic back and left the ECU hang. Too much of a biatch to put back.

The code is usually a 3 digit code, they are the biggest 3 letter/number combination on the little tag.

You have found it, I believe you will need a 7/32 and a 10 or 8mm.

Chris

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks chris, just needed the reassurance that i had found it. so you just leave it hang behind the glove box? thanx man

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Sure do, I could put it back ,but it is much easier to leave it out. Not many people ride with me anyway so I dont have to worry about anyone kicking it.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
9,254 Posts
Dunno how your 91's set up, but from the description it sounds a lot like it's fairly similar to the setup in my '97. It took a little bit of messing to get it back up in its little home but I was able to manage; took me about 15 minutes. In my opinion it was worth it to know I got the job done right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts