TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a performance chip for a 96 tbird that I purchased off an ex ford powertrain engineer named Jerry that I met through the TCCOA message board about 15 years ago. These chips were commonly referred to as "Jerry Chips". When I sold my Tbird I reclaimed the chip and no longer have any use for it. It did a good job waking up the car, adjusting all aspects of the drive towards a sporty feel. (Note If you have a transgo shift kit or equivalent this chip will make it shift that much harder, I could spin 245's on the downshift to first on dry pavement). Sorry I cannot tell you what vehicles it will work in and wont, it was in my 96Tbird and has 96M1 written on the chip. Chip has a feature to switch between normal and premium fuel, the removable jumper on the passenger side under the hood no longer retards timing but advances it when removed (Premium Mode).

Chip is for sale, best offer. It worked fine when I removed it and expect it to do so when installed in another 96 Tbird. If it doesn't work for you I will return your money if you send back the chip. I am more interested that good hardware doesn't go to waste.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a performance chip for a 96 tbird that I purchased off an ex ford powertrain engineer named Jerry that I met through the TCCOA message board about 15 years ago. These chips were commonly referred to as "Jerry Chips". When I sold my Tbird I reclaimed the chip and no longer have any use for it. It did a good job waking up the car, adjusting all aspects of the drive towards a sporty feel. (Note If you have a transgo shift kit or equivalent this chip will make it shift that much harder, I could spin 245's on the downshift to first on dry pavement). Sorry I cannot tell you what vehicles it will work in and wont, it was in my 96Tbird and has 96M1 written on the chip. Chip has a feature to switch between normal and premium fuel, the removable jumper on the passenger side under the hood no longer retards timing but advances it when removed (Premium Mode).

Chip is for sale, best offer. It worked fine when I removed it and expect it to do so when installed in another 96 Tbird. If it doesn't work for you I will return your money if you send back the chip. I am more interested that good hardware doesn't go to waste.
Price?

·
Registered
461 Posts
How do you install it and where?

Glenn
From how it looks, pull the EEC out, pop off the tab on the opposite side of where the harness plugs into, clean the connector of the EEC (youll need to separate the EEC case, use either alcohol and a micro fiber rag to get a grease coating off or CAREFULLY use a model knife to scrape off a plastic coating, then sand down the contacts until they are a copper color), pop the chip on, Id cover it with some kinda tape, then re install. I dont know about these Jerry chips but I was under the impression a chip was made with a specific calibration code to match with a specific computer. Atleast thats how my SCT chip was made.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
The EEC is the car's computer. It's located in the passenger side foot well behind the trim piece at the right hand side below the glove box. Carefully remove the computer, plug that chip into the top of it, reinstall the computer and go have some fun!

But yes, I almost forgot you're going to have to clean the connectors as Wile described above.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Wish I knew about removing the spout when I had my jerry chip..even without doing that I was impressed with its performance...
I got a handheld superchipd tuner and that jerry chip has by far better shift calibrations in it...
If you have simple bolt ons this is a great great cheap easy add on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.