TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any place that custom tunes our ECU's around here?

·
Registered
201 Posts
ECU Tuning

ROLLINTHUNDER said:
A friend of mine said there was a SCT dealer here in town somewhere? :confused: But not sure where.... said something bout STALL RACING? Have not heard of it!! They most be NEW.

We should look into this MORE cause I want to Tune my SC badly. I'm running RICH, according to my recent DYNO. :(

Jeff B.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I am up in Indianapolis and I don't know if thats close enough. I don't have a dyno yet though. I like to tune with a wideband on the road or at the track. I think its a lot better for daily drivability. There is a dyno nearby if you want the "numbers", but I don't work with him.
If you want a mail order tune, you can't do better than with Lonnie.

·
Registered
201 Posts
ROLLINTHNDER said:
"To anyone insterested"
HEY.... did some searching and found the following. Blankenship Tuning and Performance out of Crestwood, Lee is his name. He works at TRI-County Ford as a mechcanic, but does the tuning on the side. He is the only SCT dealer around here, me and a friend called him and meet up with him and chatted for around an hour. Nice Guy! his cost for a chip is $300 plus $50 per/hour on tuning. So where ever you take your Bird for dynotime; add their cost and that is what the approx. cost would be.

Number is: 502.548.6318

BTW...Asked him about discounting; say if we had a small group for a dynotune..... he said YES, he could do something for us. :cool:

Jeff B.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not trying to jack the thread but I like what Jeff looked into. I remember when John was looking into getting a group together for a tune. Who else is interested in a "group" tune? I'd be in. Well, actually I'll wait until after I get my converter and Jmod from Dirtydog in.

·
Registered
201 Posts
A friend and I went down to Auto-Motion (between Clay Street and Broadway) in in Louisville to check out the dyno and pricing and simply the shop. All I can say is.... MY GOD! what a awesome looking place, the dyno is in ground and tuning rate for them is $100 a hour; 3 pulls each, and she, yes I said she... Cindy is who runs the Dyno. said they would do a group rate for 6 to 16 cars, 6 being the min.

She even said that we could have our mini meet down here at the shop. Plenty of chairs, hugh table, nice showroom, things to purchase!!, catalogs, simply just hang out here and learn from her and her asst.

Cindy is a hugh Mustang fan.... and was into the race scene years back.

Floor is as clean as it can be. Very nice place. I told her about some of us who may be interested in the tuning, and she knows this guy that I mentioned in the above post about Lee Blankenship - SCT Tuning. This is where Lee brings his cleints most of the time but will go where you want.

Just thought I would let you guys know, incase some may not have known about Auto-motion's Dyno and shop. I believe I have heard the place mentioned from one of you guys but Thought I would share my find to all.

Jeff B.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a nice place. I would like to get mine dyno'd and maybe a chip burned for it but I think it would be a lost cause considering my engine has developed a slight knock and my oil pan gasket is leaking pretty good and it smokes pretty bad on starts and on take off. I'm trying to search around to see how much of a problem it would be to go ahead and put the Mark VIII motor in it then get it dyno'd and chip burned. Sounds like a nice place to have a meet anyway.

·
Registered
201 Posts
ROLLINTHUNDER said:
I'm trying to search around to see how much of a problem it would be to go ahead and put the Mark VIII motor in it then get it dyno'd and chip burned. Sounds like a nice place to have a meet anyway.
I don't think it would be much of a problem.... Things you may consider are maybe the driveshaft, maybe get one from the MARK VIII (they are Alumium too), motor mounts?, wiring harness, and maybe the ECU from the MARKVIII. BUT should ROCK!!! :D

I currently know of (2) Mark VIII's in Marshall's Junkyard on River Road. Both most all Complete at the times I've seen them. Both still with the engine covers still intact over engine. May want to take a trip over there and at least look at them.
If you want, Give me a call on my cell... 553.5458, Get off work at 3pm Tues. Thru Sat. Off Sun.'s & Mon.'s and I'll go down with you to look around. LOVE JUNK YARDS.

Just Thought I would share my find and thoughts with ya.

Jeff B.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the info. I would have to try and make time because I work like 10-12 hours a day 5-6 days a week. I will definatly get down there to check them out though. Its only fitting that I put a cobra motor in a cobra bird.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts