TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping through the Members rides section, and noticed how outdated alot of cars and owners are, including myself.

Is this because there is no way to edit/update these pages, or am I just dumb and can't find the edit button?

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
MercCougarXR7 said:
am I just dumb and can't find the edit button?
that would be it :D jk

click on the link to submit your car at the bottom of the page. on the next page, click the submission type button and choose update.

·
Registered
195 Posts
MercCougarXR7 said:
I was flipping through the Members rides section, and noticed how outdated alot of cars and owners are, including myself.

Is this because there is no way to edit/update these pages, or am I just dumb and can't find the edit button?
That's right, the pages aren't directly user editable at this time. You have to go to http://www.tccoa.com/rides/submit.php and select the Submission type as an Update and send the entry in.

We are working on making the section user editable. It's been discussed a few times.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JT said:
It's been discussed a few times.
Oh, Sorry - I haven't been around much lately :D!

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that a shot.

It's just embarassing to see my page from 3 years ago, when there was pretty much nothing done to her.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes, this issue should be one of the first things addressed in the updates that are supposed to be coming to the web site. Many people, myself included...use the current method, and it doesn't work. For a while there...I had a dennis chip and a Inject tech Chip....Yeesh

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Yeah, it's listed I have a chip from Dennis, but appearently it's still just a wish. Same thing with the gears and MAF. I would love to be able to edit my own, especially since Shadows' a slacker :D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Well the instructions do say to put what you want changed in the list. Not like I don't have to work for 40+ hours a week, raise a kid, then donate some spare time to try and read peoples minds about what they want done because they can't follow written directions.

I'll give you a hint, as many of these I get I don't have the time to verify every line in every file, it's a cut and paste of what you tell me to put in there. No-one here is the center of my universe, no matter what they think of themselves.

Trust me, I want the auto update too so I don't have to put up with the cry-babys who can't follow directions then wonder why they don't get what they want the instant they demand it.

Lets not even get into the people who don't see the huge letters no pic = no post and give me a url to a bunch of pics and expect me to read their mind as to what pic they want posted only to have them whine and cry when I don't pick the one they wanted. Then there's all the jokers submiting civics and regals and crap. I guess I could just stop since a few people want to cry instead of take the effort to do something correctly in the first place.

If this is an update please make sure to give first and last name as given originally and you only need to submit items that need to be changed.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hey Shadow, I was just joking man.
If it was a big deal, I would have pm'd you about it a long time ago, but I didn't wanna waste your time with something that minor :)
I myself, and I am sure most of us here appreciate you being in charge of the "reader's ride's" upkeep and how much time you must spend on it.

Do people really submit Civics and stuff?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Thank you for letting me know you were just joking, I'm just getting to the point JT got to when he stopped doing it, all I get out of my time donation is hundreds of indifferent people that I never hear from again, 8 or so people that complain for months instead of just telling me what needs to be fixed, and maybe 3 total thank you's. I should clarify I don't know where Chris's problem happened but I know it took a couple months of complaining before a form was submitted and fixed within 48 hours (and I think 24, but I might have gotten slammed at work and by the time I got home forgot I needed to do it so am giving benefit of the doubt that it might have taken me 2 days). Yours on the other hand I saw two new things in engine, and nothing else so cut-pasted the engine and moved on to the next submission (but it's fixed now). I do most submissions on sunday night, and usually have quite a few people messaging me about things at the same time, so I rarely get a chance to donate 100% of my thought process to the dozens of updates a week and just breeze through them so people don't complain about them not getting up. If I'm at a meet or something that weekend it might take me two weekends. I think the longest 'break' was two weeks in a row due to a meet and a nieces birthday sucking up all my free time for the weekend.

actually it was a neon (I have every e-mail ever sent to [email protected] since I started, but I had to look through all of the "unworkables" again to find it, mostly filled with no picture, no name, or a picture with a name/email address not matching a submission and no response from either e-mail address), and the regal person has tried twice now. :rolleyes:

neon

Year: 1996
Model: OTHER
Engine: Custom
Custom: 2.4 DOHC T4 turbo
Picture URL: http://66.24.136.26:81/neon/Im000154.jpg
Engine Mods: built 2.4, T4 turbo (hans), 200shot
---
Exterior Mods: clear corners,tails, 5000k xenons 160/140, 7\" stripes, see pic
---
Interior Mods: type later
---
Future Mods: 17\"s, 1.75 progressive drop, gut cat, three 15\" subs (sell 12\"s)

regal
Year:
Custom: 4.3 v8
Picture URL: http://

regal guy again
Year: 1988
Model: Turbo Coupe
Engine: 4.6 SOHC
Custom:

joker
Year: 1984
Custom: 705 cid
Picture URL: http://www.hondahookup.com
Engine Mods: complete custom 705cid donavon block built by johnny thomas jr. bored 180 thousands over,pop up hyper-pathetic pistons, 28:1 compression, aed supercharger w/ 50 psi, runs on 87 octane(no ping), twin 2000 cfm dual squirter fuel injected carbuerators, hooker headers (1/4 inch primaries), borla exhast w/ 5 inch slasher tips out the side, two of the BIG bottles of NOS, over sized muffler bearings for increased hp.,
---
Exterior Mods: 12 in. custom cowl induction hood, 5in. tach (in hood), 13 inch custom bart racin wheels, testarosa wide-body kit, speed holes, gt3 ricer wing, off centered pink racin stripe with custom orange flake rattle can special (3 coats of clear)ram air replaces left headlight, -5% tint all the way around, and an underbody neon kit
---
Interior Mods: custom nascar racin interior (Dale Sr. style, God bless his soul) dip spit receptacal where air bags used to be, 6 15inch subwoofers from Kmart blue light special
---
Future Mods: salvaged 2.0 liter VTEC from Integra type Z, red cam covers, hooked up to T4 super hybrid turbo runnin 185 psi BOOOOOST!!! convert tbird to front wheel drive

this one is nice too, person is still probably wondering why they haven't been updated yet
Submission Type: Update
Nick:
Membership:
Name:
Name2:
Webpage: http://
Email:
AOLIM:
Other Location:
Year:
Model:
Engine:
Custom:
Picture URL: http://
modlist removed

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey SD, what's up man?

I'm going to leave mine alone for a while then, now isn't the time of year when we want to be giving eachother a hard time.

Thanks for all your hard work for the site, and have a Merry Christmas :).

Kevin.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
No go ahead. :)

I don't mind the submissions at all, I just don't like the complaining instead of telling me what they want done, then after fixing it, still complaining about the fact that they didn't want to take the time to tell me what was wrong.

I would ask one thing though, just put in everything in again (and I'll replace what's there with what you give me), or just say "add these" and "delete these".

And merry christmas to you too man.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
even though i havent got that far, thank you shadow dragon!:bowdown: ;) im waiting to submit until i get my exterior finished on the car. and it doesnt look like a bucket of parts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts