TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys... there are two products on the market that are inexpesive and being used to tune EEC IV 5.0s... the EEC-Tuner and the TwEECer... currently there is L1C support for the EEC-Tuner I believe, but you can't do any datalogging and there is no realtime monitoring possible.

I'd like to find a couple more 5.0 guys interested in getting ahold of a TwEECer or TwEECer RT, so that we can get Mike (of TwEECer) to get support going for our CPUs.

Check out the TwEECer site for some info, and reply if you are interested.

<a href="http://www.tweecer.com/moreinfo.html">TwEECER info</a>

-Jim A.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
No one has written the program for our EECs yet. I sent my t.tbin file for my L1C to Raymond for the EEC Tuner and to someone else for the GUI but that was months ago and I haven't seen anything back yet. They wanted the most common one first which is the P3M. John Priff, Ken Roberts and a few others have that one, I have John's files on my laptop though. The problem with the L1C (Sport model) is that they wrote it using a Super Coupes EEC (the W1M I think family) and then all the figures are multiplied by some unknown factory to make it work for a 5.0. This is why when you pull up the file is shows everything for a 3.8. So the files have to be written properly first and then they can go from there. Also the GUI is a better program to run than the ShiftMaster. Email them and see if they've gotten anywhere yet.

Lonnie

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I seem to remember this being the case as well... Mike from TwEECer said that everything could actually be sorted out so that CalEdit and the TwEECer would work for us, he just needs the time to go through and identify where/what values are sitting where... apparently this isn't too difficult, just tedious... Ford luckily seems to be consistent about the order in which values are put in relation to one another.. so even though some might not be there in our case, once you find one or two recognizable values, the rest of it can start to fall into place and then you've got the needed mapping for parsing. Mike offered to do this, but since it was just for me at the time, it never got off the ground. If we got more people interested I think he would be more inclined to move forward with it.

-Jim

·
Registered
647 Posts
I still have not seen/heard of any support for the P3M or L1C with the GUI tuner yet...I'm using the SCTuner now (which is way better than the Shiftmaster software)...more tags and has a GUI. Unfortunatley, I don't see support for the L1C, but it does have the W1M. Maybe Spiros would do the L1C work, he's been responsive in hunting for additional tags in the P3M that I'm looking for...

I would switch in a heartbeat if I could datalog...I'd be happy to send my P3M bin out or beta test if needed. Just let me know...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
L1C may be mine too then, or there abouts, since i have ride control, ect... But the P3M sounds (reads?) right thou.. Been ALONG time since i had the EEC out to look at the catch code..

Edit:

yep just checked, it's the L1C Computer...

Hmm Still wish i had a A9L or Relative of instead :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Good thing i havnt bought a tuner yet i have a L1c and was told by mn12perf that the p3m prog would work, guess not. Also i guess i do have a soprt if i have that processor

josh

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a base 5.0 but have the L1C... so maybe Ford was doing weird things again.. in any case looks like there is indeed a bit of interest... lemme talk to Mike and see if he would agree to help us if we agree to do a group purchase or something.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys... I've abandoned the idea of ever seeing L1C support... no positive responses... I'm now onto the idea of making a simple crossover harness so you can plug in an A9P (auto stang GT) EEC into your current harness and run with it.

I am almost done tracing countless wiring diagrams to match circut function/pinouts etc (stupid ford doesn't use the same terminology across the board) and I think it is going to work out fine. I am going to be the guinea pig and my A9P is on the way. It is my best guess that I with pickup some good power just by moving to an unmodified A9P from what I know about it. Let alone once I tune it for my combo and have data logging to help hehehehehe

-Jim

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Keep us posted. I was told that my car was rewired at one time for a mustang computer, but then it was removed. I really don't know what my 92 has right now. I should check it out.

John

·
Registered
647 Posts
Jim,

I've been following your posts in the Tuner group, this would be a big benefit to quite a few people. Although there's a little better support for the P3M, it's no where near the A9L or A9P support. I would die for datalogging...let me know if there's anything I can do to help on the P3M front...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The best thing you could on the PM3 front would be to find wiring diagrams for your car if you are interested... a buddy and I have spent several hours going over things between the stang and T-bird to make sure that we can indeed simply make a crossover harness that will allow plug and play with a stang EEC in T-bird... so far, the trickiest parts involving ignition and the TFI have ironed out pretty well.. so thing are looking surprisingly good... I have another book of pinouts and wiring for all 87-95 fords headed my way to add to the mix...

-Jim

·
Registered
647 Posts
That sounds good...if you can get me the A9P and P3M pin outs, I can map them out for you. PM me if you need a fax number...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Figuring the pin outs is the easy part. I did it using the Ford Fuel Injection and Electronic Engine Control book by Charles Probst. The hard part is getting those little boogers out and to switch them around and run the wires. But it's not hard. I like the idea of being able to have a jumper connector so you could switch back if needed though. So I haven't completed the mod yet. Basically been on the back burner for about a year now in hopes of the L1C going somewhere.

Lonnie

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm planning on ripping the EEC connector off a few trashed EECs, and then getting the mustang harness-side conncetors and making the crossover cable adapters, that way you can just put your L1C back in if you need to for some reason. Getting the pin locations mapped should be easy, but the fact that ford chose to name everything different, and the fact that the Stang and T-Bird TFI circut functions/paths and indeed EEC inputs/outputs arent the same raised a few questions, but I think everything should be fine.

-Jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts