TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes...

Basically pull the kick panel off, unplug the factory harness and unbolt the white plastic retainer holding the EEC in place. There is a good article about it on MN12Performance.com.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine was out in 20 minutes.

There are a lot harder things to do on these cars than take out the computer, like change the oil filter.

·
8,239 Posts
I agree, the first time i pulled the eec it was a bit challenging for me. Took probably 30 minutes. But last week, I replaced my eec with a tuned one, and it took less than ten minutes.

As for changing the oil, the 4.6 motor's filter was hard the first time I did it, but now I can do it in 20 minutes flat without spilling oil anywhere but in the catch pan.

Justin

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oil Filter!

Hey Justin,

What kinda wrench are ya usin' to loosen up the oil filter?

·
8,239 Posts
Re: Oil Filter!

Steve,

You gotta "prepare" for the next oil change when you are changing oil. Spin a motorcraft filter on hand tight with a piece of sandpaper in your hand for grip. And hand tighten it as much as you can. You don't have to crank the filter on with a wrench like some people think.

When the time comes to get it off, you can spin it off with your hand and a piece of sandpaper, without alot of effort.

I like to line the area around the filter with aluminum foil, and kinda make a drain so that all the oil that would spill on the car chassis, will funnel down the foil, into your drain pan.

I've been doing my oil change like this for over a year, and it works great and is fast.

good luck,
Justin

Chlngr said:
Hey Justin,

What kinda wrench are ya usin' to loosen up the oil filter?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks!

I'll give it a try!

Since I never use a wrench to put the new filter on, I should be "good to go" - but I'll keep the sandpaper idea in mind!

Looking forward about 3000 miles or so,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts