TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my neighbors got his car egged and some landed on mine. I cleaned it right away but now the clearcoat seems to be gone where the eggs hit.
Do I have to repaint or is there some product that will restore the finish?
Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
This happened to my brothers '65 mustang and two of our customer's cars last night. We pressure washed the customers cars and there was no damage, but the stang looks like its missing clearcoat in some places :(

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I've been hearing a lot of this happening lately on a few forums. How imature are people these days? If it happend to mine I would be waiting hidden the next time with a paintball gun.

Does remind be of a story. One Halloween my friend and I were like 12 and trick or treating. These guys were driving around in some beat up car were throwing eggs at trick or treating kids. My friend took a candybar from his bag and through it back (they didnt hit us). He hit their car and we looked at each other thinking cool and they would just drive off. Well they came to a screetching hault. They thought we threw an egg at their car (it was only a tiny snickers bar or something). Well for guys got out (must have been 18-22) and we were only 12. I tell you we ran the fastest we have ever ran in our lives. Got away and kept our candy too. :D This was in NYC too so we were lucky.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Someone threw something all over my car, I don't know what it was. I washed it at school, then washed it when I got home. 99.9% of it came off, but I need to wax it again and that should take car of it. A couple guys I talked to said that buffing might help. They said something that was fine, just to polish it out. :zdunno: That might work.

Oh, found a pic of what was thrown on my car, never did figure out what it was:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
If it were birdsh!t, i'd expect to see a bird laying there dead from crapping it's brains out. That, or some seagulls ganged up on my car.
:uppoint:

·
Registered
272 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
If it were birdsh!t, i'd expect to see a bird laying there dead from crapping it's brains out. That, or some seagulls ganged up on my car.
that is the funniest thing I have ever read in my life.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
How imature are people these days? If it happend to mine I would be waiting hidden the next time with a paintball gun.
Man I work at a body shop you should see how many vandalism claims we see, smashed windows, scratches, and some things Im not sure what the hell it was lol. I dont think theres been a day without one in the past month.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You may not have to get it painted if the damage was not to severe. One thing you could try would be to wetsand the clearcoat. After that you would have to buff where you sanded. If it is too severe to fix its off to the paint booth. There are no chemicals that do a well enough drop to fix this in my opinion..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts