TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there have been a few threads on this in various tech sections. I didn't want to step on anyones toes and would like to share some information that was bestowed upon me from another forum.*

There is a cheap and easy way to delete your EGR on a 5.0l engine (possibly 3.8l also) and not set a CEL.

You can either epoxy the valve closed and leave it dangling in your engine bay (super cheap and kinda ugly and may cause someone to :facepalm: lol)

OR you can go here:

http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/products/egr-eliminator

I hope this helps anyone that needs/wants to do this and is on a budget. :thumbsup:

*Moderator you may move this to the proper forum if it doesn't belong here. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
You have this one? How long you been you using it?

·
Super Moderator
9,255 Posts
Won't work on a 4.6.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm installing GT40 heads/intake and they are not provisioned for egr so I'm just deleting it to save weight. Also, I'd like to keep the internals of my engine as clean as possible, so EGR being removed aids in this task. I already installed an oil/moisture separator for an air compressor on my pcv to keep the pcv air going into my intake free from contaminants. :D

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Sounds good. Not sure if it would work on a 3.8 though, they use a pressure feedback (PFE) sensor instead of an EGR lift sensor. Unless they both put out the same voltage reading during operation.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I saw awhile ago on here some of the guys were taking female plugs and placing a penny in them to act as a high temp gasket to seal the egr port on the exhaust side.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
You can also cut the tube an weld the hole shut and screw it back in manifold, Iv Hurd of the penny thing to but I couldn't get my cap off the other price that screws into manifold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts