TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cougar XR7 turbo a few weeks ago I took the turbo out thinking that it was bad, after finding out it wasnt and replacing multipule parts I belive I fixed the problem (Fuel Pressure Reg) but upon putting the turbo back on the EGR emissions tube running from the EGR to the Exaust Manafold broke. I have tried a few fixes (High temp hose and welding a slightly larger pipe around) but it starts leaking almost immediatly every time. Ford has discontinued the part and I have had no luck at Junk yard or parts stores either. I heard that you can just plug off the manifold and take the pipe off with little adverse effect (worse fuel eccon being most major) is this true, and what do I need to purchase to make this happen? Or if anyone can tell me where to get one that would work also

·
Registered
109 Posts
think of the EGR like a built in fire exstinger(sp) if you plug it off on a street car you can get pre-det,Due to higher cyl head temps.
so get it fixed

If you cant find one let me know I think I have another one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove 80 miles yesterday to go to a junck yard that said they had 3 and not a single one of them was usable, someone told me to use copper and build my own, but I would rather have one I know wont blow apart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts