TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody actually changed their EGR valve themselves on a 95 thunderbird. if so how did you do and get to it. i have looked at it and it looks terrible. i just dont want to drop the over 200.00 the shops wants to do it. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I've never done it on a 95, but I think you have to pull the intake manifold off.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you have small hands, it can be done without pulling the intake. You will need a crowsfoot wrench to remove the tube from the exhaust manifold. You have to remove 3 bolts from the dpfe sensor bracket and move it out of the way to have enough clearance to get to the egr valve bolts (2 of them). It's gonna take a bit of time so be patient with it and wear some kind of thin leather gloves. There's a bunch of sharp things in that area.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I haven't done an EGR tube on a '95 but I have done several MN12 engine swaps. If you pull the cowl (windshield wipers and all) it makes tons of room to get to the back of the engine. It might be easier than pulling the manifold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts