TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, if someone could please help me out with a workaround for this
my "EGR Valve to Exhaust Manifold Tube" is cut and there seem to be nothing
I could do it get this fix or find the part.
Any information or experience with this is helpful. I took it to a place to try welding it and they said it to thin to weld. I cannot Delete the EGR because I still have to go through inspection. Just my luck the 6 junk yard i have been to don't have any V6 Thunderbird's. Most don't have any Thunderbird's at all.

How can ford stop selling an Emissions part for a car that's not historic.....:(:(:confused:

Ford Part #: F6SZ9D477B

(EGR Valve to Exhaust Manifold Tube)

Please reply with anywhere you know with this part in stock.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
You can also look for 96-97 v6 Cougars. I can probably pull one here local, but I wouldn't want to mess with trying to free the tube from the manifold. It would have to ride as an assembly, and that may be costly.

You may also try www.car-part.com.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can also look for 96-97 v6 Cougars. I can probably pull one here local, but I wouldn't want to mess with trying to free the tube from the manifold. It would have to ride as an assembly, and that may be costly.

Thanks for reply i have been calling and looking for hours. I am willing to pay for the part. if you can find someone if local with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Whats the Different between the 1996 Ford Mustang 3.8 ?

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Someone should be in touch with you shortly. They got this engine to go in a mustang, and they have the part you need. I linked this to him on Facebook.

Hope you get it worked out!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I have done quite a few motor swaps and making custom egr tubes is part of the deal. They can be welded, very carefully and it's not very pretty usually. If you take the car to a shop to get it fixed, I'm sure they would get you fixed up. If you can't find any of these tubes in the junk yards, you aren't looking/ haven't considered other vehicles that may fit (94-98 Mustsng v6)

·
Administrator
8,056 Posts

·
̇
3,701 Posts
If he changed his exhaust manifolds to that of the Mustang..I don't see a problem using the Mustang EGR Pipe..

Of course..That's a lot of work for an EGR Pipe.. :rolleyes:

Carry on..

Rayo..

·
Administrator
8,056 Posts
As far as I know, the EGR tubes are the same for both cars. Maybe you can check the part numbers for the T-Bird and the Mustang and see if they are the same! :idea:

Carry on! :D

Joe

·
̇
3,701 Posts
As far as I know, the EGR tubes are the same for both cars. Maybe you can check the part numbers for the T-Bird and the Mustang and see if they are the same! :idea:
They are not the same Joe.. :(

I have looked up both cars, and each of them have a different part number for their EGR Pipes..If I recall correctly..They use different exhaust manifolds as well..

So yeah..Carry on.. :tongue:

Rayo..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have done quite a few motor swaps and making custom egr tubes is part of the deal. They can be welded, very carefully and it's not very pretty usually. If you take the car to a shop to get it fixed, I'm sure they would get you fixed up. If you can't find any of these tubes in the junk yards, you aren't looking/ haven't considered other vehicles that may fit (94-98 Mustsng v6)
I have took the tube to a few Weld Shop and most say the tube is very small and risk more damage :(:(:(

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
for my 5.0 89 cougar, 5.0 75 Maverick and 4.6 94 Thunderbird I have made custom EGR tubes.
I usually use 5.0 Explorer EGR tubes for donor parts because they are so long and have a nice straight section with the DPFE tubes in it

The Maverick has a 94 Mustang engine with a Explorer intake and headman headers, had to make a complete EGR system for it.

no leaks on any system and the oldest one is 5 years old.

It's not really easy to weld the tube, but if your careful and control the heat it can be done.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Sorry about the delay. The guy has signed up here, but can not PM you. Are you on facebook, or can you PM me a way to have him contact you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts