TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you Eibach owners…

Which photo shows the “proper” ride height for the variable rate Sport Springs? :2huh:

Tires = 245-50-17’s

Ride Height "A" (low):

Or

Ride Height "B" (high):

Please say “B High” because if it’s “A”, I’m going to have to change my tire and wheel combination. :mad:

I obviously have a problem between my left and right front springs (there is about a 1 1/2 inch difference between the left and right ride height!! :beek: ). I have disconnected the sway bar, and swapped the springs from side to side and it is obviously the springs. So I’m hoping I can order just the front springs from someone and replace these with new ones. These springs were bought used off eBay, so it looks like one is really weak (assuming the “high” ride height is the correct one)

I’ve had so many problems with this suspension upgrade that I’m about ready to burn this car to the ground… :mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I have eibachs on mine and i believe its A. I can only stick one or 2 fingers between fender and the tire. I think you got ripped off by someone and you got a stock shock instead of an eibach for the higher side because that looks like stock height on B. but it should be your first pic A on both fronts and about the same on the back if you did your backs too

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:

I also did the backs and they match the "higher" one. The only one that doesn't match is the one "low" one.

With the sway bar disconnected, I drove the “low” corner onto a 2 x 6 and measured everything. That put everything nice and level. :(

So anyway, I still don’t know what is going on. :mad:

It just looks like the “low” spring just compresses more than the other side when the car is let down. Almost like the spring rate is different.

(All the springs were the same shape, color, etc. and came in an Eibach box, so I pretty sure they are Eibach’s, but they were used, so who knows) :2huh:

Thanks again for the reply. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm going to go with A also. I run 245/60/15's and I can only get a finger or two between the tire and fender.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
.........I’ve had so many problems with this suspension upgrade that I’m about ready to burn this car to the ground… :mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
Heh heh.....you aren't requesting assistance on burning the car now, are you???

(Just kidding! That just sounded a tad funny when I read it...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts