TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys!!

I have another question, this time regards to spring namely Eibach.

I am planning to replace the spring and worn out shock on my '94 T-Bird which have 3.8, but soon to be converted to V-8 (which V-8, I'm not sure). I know regular 3.8 spring will drop about 1.25inch, but how about the V-8 spring?? will it raise or lower my ride height?? V-8 swap won't happened for a while ( I need to replace all the worn parts first, then look for core engine/trans), but I don't I can live with raised ride height.

For the shock, I will probably replace with Tokico shock ( I like Koni better, but it's my wife's T-Bird .......And she can't justify the $600 for the shock and she doesn't know about the spring change) but may change my mind in future. I will also replace my front and rear sway-bar pretty soon. As for the bushing, I will probably go with the poly bushing, but again, it's my wife's car ........

Anyway, any help will be appreciated.

As always, thanks for your help!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
364 Posts
The 1.5inch drop Eibach springs with a V6 would be a Tad stiffer .. It might still drop the car a bit though... No point in getting springs twice.

Konis are the best but cost a lot. I would say take a look at the Sport shock/Cobra Convertible Shock combo.. I have it in my car and love it. Like a totally new car.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I imagine that the V6 spring will drop the car 'level', and the added weight of the V8 later on will drop the front end ever so slightly.

My Cat with V8 springs still looks like the back is a bit lower than the front, I should have bought the V6 springs so that my front was a bit lower yet.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Thought I read somewhere that the stock rear springs on a V6 are the same as on a V8. It's the front springs on a V8 that are stiffer. :zdunno:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If you install V6 springs on a V8 car you will hate life. That's what I did because the company I bought from sent me the wrong springs. Granted, I got H&R, but I think you can expect the same thing of the Eibachs. The front dropped a total of 3 1/2 inches, whereas the V8 springs were supposed to drop the car 1 3/4, and the ride quality was atrocious. I bottomed out on everything, too. The rears weren't that bad, but in talking with H&R they told me that they design different rear springs for 6 and 8 cylinder cars. If you're serious about swapping in a V8, get V8 springs

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys!!

I think I'll go with the V-8 spring. I'll definately try out the sports/Mustang cov't set-up. I will pick-up the parts this week-end and work on it next week.

Wish me luck because I heard lot about the LCA bolt and such.........I hope mine is not frozen or anything.

Anyway, once again, Thanks a lot guys!:thumbsup: :zbeer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts