TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put an electric fan on my Cat. Is there any late model Cats or Birds that I can salvage the parts I need for the conversion?
Thanks.
Curt.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I believe every 94+ Tbird and Cougar came with an electric fan. Im using an electric fan from a 96 3.8 Tbird on my 93. Youll need an electric fan relay kit which you can pick up from Summit. Also youll want to think about upgrading the alternator. This link will give you an idea of whats involved.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2003/02/electricfan/index.php

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I used a fan I got from a Volvo in a junkyard. Near perfect fit, came with shrowd, just two wires and I run it off a switch. Blows strong, cools better than my 96's electric fan did. Don't remember what year/model, but I did buy two so I'd have a spare.

The Mark Viii's and 4.6 MN12s have 2 speed electric fans. I beleive they have 3 wires coming out of them; ground, high speed and low speed. Just hok your switch into your favorite and be done.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Mark's didn't have a 2 speed fan. They were variable speed controlled by a separate module and used only 2 wires.
Ahh, thanks for the correction.

My fan is the same, these were actually recalled by Volvo because the control box failed, and it was a part of the fan. I picked them up cheap from a guy that worked at a dealership, cut the box off, and called it a day. I run mine unfused because it blows everything I put in there, but only have to run it for a minute at a time because it cools so well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts