TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about these things? I see a bunch on ebay, but haven't heard anything about them. Could i put one on my 3.8?

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
they are supposedly universal fit. They really don't give much boost from what I hear though. but hey, if it helps. I'm thinking about one myself.
-Thomas

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Now I'm not thinking about one. Just read an "Auction" on ebay that not actually selling anything, they're just telling the truth about them. here it is:

This is an informational auction! We are not actually selling these fans, just trying to share the truth about the so-called turbo fan. Be sure to click on all of the blue links for additional information.
Many auctions out there describe these fans as increasing your engine's power by 20hp or more. Simply not true, it might help out a 5hp Briggs and Stratton lawn mower, not your car. THEY DO NOT INCREASE POWER, SELLERS CLAIMING THEY WORK ARE SCAMMING YOU! BUYER BEWARE!

These fans, manufactured by Attwood Marine Products and Jabsco, are actually designed for bilging gases on boats. Several models are available:

Turbo 3000 $21.96
Turbo 4000 $24.81
Flexmount Blower $58.91

These bilge fans can be purchased for under $25.00 at many marine suppliers including iboats.com. Do a search at the iboats.com site for blowers and you will find plenty of examples.

Think of what would happen when the fan blades break off and head down your intake. Great product for a boat, not an automobile.

This auction is brought you by the members of turboford.org, thanks for taking a look and not getting ripped off from another ebay seller. This auction is not associated with iboats.com or Attwood Marine Products.

A BOAT HUH?!?!?! man what a rip off. Maybe I'll get one for my boat though.
-Thomas

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh Gawwwd! Not these freaking things again! Please do not buy one of these and put it on your car and expect an increase in anything except alternator power consumption.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks like the same thing that was advertised under the Tornado name or something like that. Not worth $60 and it sure as hell isn't worth $300!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts