TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should've asked this a while back when it first started happening, but I'm a procrastinator. Anyway, in recent weeks my car has started to attempt suicide when I try driving after the car has sat for a few hours. The car starts just fine, but as soon as I press the accelerator, it starts jerking and doesn't accelerate at all. It actually did die once and I had to restart it.

This happens in both hot and cold weather, and I can usually avoid it if I rev the engine to about 4,000 a few times before putting it into gear. Could this be a problem with the battery/alternator, or is it something more serious? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
um not saying its not a electrical problem but mine did the same thing turned out it was my idle just had to adjust it on my tb and it was fine was annoying to have itdie at every stop

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I think it is an electrical problem, because today I pulled out of my spot without plugging in my radar detector and it didn't do it at all. But even if this is the problem, I just don't get why it only does it after the engine's been off for a few hours, and not every time.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
my moms windstar did the exact thing you are describing. The problem turned out to be a vacuum line, go figure. It was a 90 degree elbow that went to the brake booster, it had a big hole in it, the brake light also came on sometimes. Not saying that this is your problem but you should check it out the symtoms are exactly the same. Hope this helps.

p.s. It could also be one of the coil packs. Not sure but worth a check.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
just inspect them, cover them with your hand to see if you have leaking vacuum. They may just be dry rotted. also check coil packs

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no idea where these lines even are. I'm a mechanical idiot, for the most part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts