TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving a Satrun for a winter vehical and because of the mileage that it gets. here is the problem. I was driving into town from my aunts house out in the country and am taking side streets. I get to a hill where the speed limit lowers from 40 to 25 so I let off the gas going down hill and the car just dies, no studdering but like the key shut off. I pop the clutch and it restarts. I get to the next intersection where I have to turn and it dies again. I stop the car at my house and the thing keeps running. Shut it off and it restarts. I took it for a ride later and it died again while coasting down. I had an electrical test run at a local Checker and they said it was the battery, but it is about 10 months old. I put the charger on it also, but it was nearly full. I am not sure how old the alternator is, but that is where I am leaning even though the diagnostic said it was good. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is what I have done now. I charged the battery to full at the request of a local garage and took the car in to have it tested. They checked everything that they could think of and the battery and alternator both checked out good. Now I don't know what was wrong or if it is going to happen again. I guess that it is possible that the battery checked out because of the full charge and my not be accepting a charge from the alternator and it could die again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Somebody?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Maybe it's ignition related. My 88 Nissan will do that when the cap and rotor are going south. I'm pretty sure the Saturn's have DIS, but hey, it's worth a shot. Maybe something in the trans. is going, and when you let off the gas, it's stalling the motor?

Jay

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really seems electrical, but I had another test done today and everything came up good. It hasn't done anything since I fully charged the battery so I guess we will see. Unfortunately I have to go back to school this weekend and will be screwed if something happens there because I will have to take it to a garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts