TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 GT MAF and cannot find and airbox to bolt up to it. I beleive that the filter side of the MAF is 85mm and the only adaptors that I see for sale are 70 80 90mm. Does anyone know of any solutions of how to bolt up a conical filter to this MAF. I need a solution ASAP as I going to my SCT WED and need to have it on so he can tune it.

Thanks,
cassidy

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Just grab a GT box they will fit right where yours is plus it's a cone

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats the problem.....I can't find one anywhere for sale or in a junk yard

tim..what do you mean a gt airbox....the only ones that fit that MAF according to randy at libert ford is 02 03 04.

Thanks in advance

·
8,239 Posts
the airbox that my buddy bought from dan newman came complete even with an air filter. I think it was under 100 bucks.

Any junkyard will have one.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not for an 02 03 04....no junkyard in FL has one. I had a local yard look on their parts locator

·
Registered
566 Posts
As others have mentioned the Mustang air box makes the install easy. These might be hard to find in a junkyard because only the new Mustangs use them. They are pretty cheap new or as suggested you could probably find one on MD.

02 Mustang Air Box

Joe

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know that normally there are many available but I think that right now there is some kind of weird shortage or something....I've had a posting on MD for 1 1/2 now....noone has one in those years its weird......and you cannot buy them from the dealership.....they only sell them with the MAF as one unit...I already have the MAF and only need the airbox....this sucks

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about adapters....I'd rather have an adapter plate but like I said before the only ones I can find are 70 80 or 90 not 85MM

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you know which CAI kit works with those MAFS by chance]

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
was that sarcasm.....I dont get it :zbash: you said dont get it but then you said it mates up perfect????

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh ok..... makes sense now :) yeah i just can't find one....I got an SCT tune on wed and need to put this thing togther before then.....I might have to fab something in the mean time.....thanks for all the info

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have one brand new one with filter left in stock. PM me if you want it.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
No the accufab adapters will not work with the stock airbox...

Believe me, I bought one because I didn't know.

You have to buy the GT airbox or some cold air kit....

Dave
Actually that is untrue. I had an Accufab adapter on my stock 94 airbox with an 02 GT MAF. It worked fine. As a matter of fact I still have the airbox with adapter sitting in Timb's garage!:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts