TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is he wrong spot but I figured it would get more attention
here. my 97 birds tranny is acting up. it's auto and when I put it into gear a high pitched tone goes off and it kinda sputters, if I rev it while it's in gear it jumps into gear with a jolt. it seems to drive fine once it jumps into gear but fifty fifty when I slow down it either has to jump into gear again once I accelerate or it works fine. what's wrong?? is it a sensor?? I'm in Orlando on vacation and supposed to be driving back to Michigan? helppp

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yea, check the fluid. Preferably after it's warmed up, and while in idle and foot on your brake, run through reverse, neutral and drive a couple of times. If you check it cold, it still should at least be at the "COLD" fill level. If it's dark or smells get it checked.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
took it to the trans shop. turns out it was pretty much toast. know idea how didnt beat on it or even drive it hardly after this started. no overheatting or anything. anyways guy said TC went and through pieces of the TC into the trans pump and some plates fuzed together from overheating which i guess im not sure how since i didnt have any overheating. anyways. guy is charging me $2244 to fix it. i feel thats REAL steep but i cant do anything about it. 1200 miles away from home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts