TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been dealing with the CEL code p0401. I have replaced the dpfe, verified that the egr valve is working okay etc. After repairs, the CEL stays off for two or three days, then comes back on. Question is, if I reset the computer to clear the CEL and then go to get the emission test, will it pass if the light is off?

Thanks!

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
It worked on my daughters 99 Cougar . I cleared the code before the inspection and it passed with flying colors :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I did it before with a Corsica that I had. I was waiting on parts because NONE of the parts stores had them but the sticker was overdue and didnt want to fail, or get a ticket. Passed with flying colors and got my parts 2 days after going. Stupid evap codes.......

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
If you can drive it enough to get it to show it is ready, but not trigger the code. Generally if you clear the CEL and then immediately go try to get it tested, it will fail because the readiness monitors are not cleared, or ready.

Doing that in AZ will get you a failure. I am guessing that it won't pass the EGR readiness test, and when it is tested (I don't remember the portion of the drive cycle for EGR, but that is easy to find) it will fail and turn on the CEL (well, in your 97, SES - service engine soon).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts