TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after searching for a couple hours and finding nothing i decided to see if anyone here knows about the laws regarding engine regs. any info would be great, thanks

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
ChrisBannon84 said:
after searching for a couple hours and finding nothing i decided to see if anyone here knows about the laws regarding engine regs. any info would be great, thanks
contact your local motor vehicle department and ask what makes a car illegal.

I looked up "Illinois emission laws" using google.com. I found this in the following link:

Contact the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at (217)785-7449 or the Illinois EPA Emission Hotline at (847)758-3400, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. for further information.

:zdunno:

hope that helps. VicRattlehead (Keith the TCCoA guy, not the Megadeth Vic) is from Illinois. Get a hold of him if nothing else....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to find out if my car will still be legal and pass inspections etc. if i put a 5.0 in it. (89 sc w/dead engine)

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
I believe you need to keep all the emmissions control components from the 89 to be legal. You can swap engines, but you'll have to worry about meeting all the 89 requirements and the other drawback...your car may be emissions tested with the 89 SC engine restrictions. Call your local AirTeam and ask where to get the "RIGHT" info.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
i went and got my car tested today, and i asked about it, they gave me a paper on it, and its still in the car, ill bring it in with me later and ill post the info on it.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
In vermont you can put a newer engine in an older car, as long as you keep the smog equipment from the newer engine. putting an older engine in is another story...you have to PROVE that the older engine will be the same or less of a polluter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts