TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
After much consideration, the work and time involved, lack of attendees, etc; I have decided that next years JBMN SB 15 will be the final event. :(

The membership is getting much smaller and the platform is ending its general life cycle with most of the newest MN12's nearing 18-20 years old.

The dedication, involvement and membership has evaporated in the past few years and most of the younger crew have moved on, out and have other life priorities, which is understandable.

In light of that being said its been a great ride. We've had wonderful turnouts, lots of fun, good racing and great events and so on over the past 14 years. I wouldn't have changed it for anything. In my view now however, its time to move on. At 58 my priorities have also changed.

I have spoken to Rick Bender and we will also be holding a 10 year anniversary for Joel in our final year of the event next year.

As far as the 1MTNCAT, I am still in the final building stage of that car and I'm sure sometime in the near future you will be seeing it back and running in both DD and track form as has been in the past.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated to anything here but again this is the final flag for next year!!!! Hope to see everyone at this year and next years events and thanks for all those who have come and shared in our events. Its been "One hell of a ride""

Thanks

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Wow, a surprise and yet not a surprise. It's understandable that the amount of effort that goes into organizing and running these events eventually reaches a point of diminishing return. I guess the registration numbers for this years' event are off considerably?

It's been a great run and although I'll miss this year I certainly plan on attending next year.

Best wishes with the MTNCAT. I'm sure the Cat will rise again like a Phoenix! I look forward to seeing her run again!

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
How much longer will TCCOA continue to exist? I've been off and on involved for 15 years, these cars seem to be more and more uncommon these days...

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Nah, it's probably closer to this date ... AKA the Back to the Future date! :D

Which, as of now, put us at 62 Days, 1 Hour, 31 Minutes

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Tf8mPsvcOs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
484 Posts
As Trunk Monkey stated, you are still welcome to attend this year.

The fun begins this Friday evening.
I have to put in full day Friday and a half day Saturday so unfortunately those days are out. Sunday's theoretically doable. I JUST drove to MD last weekend to pickup that FRP rear differential from uncaged94..... I did see the announcement for SummerBlast. I figured out JB was Joel Bender. I just didn't connect JB+SB ;)

I will block out the time next year to attend next year.

As far as the TCCoA goes. While the cars are getting scarcer I think that as long at people care about them them forum will exist unless (God forbid) our corporate overlords pull the plug with out warning. The MN12 is alive and well. Or as Monty Pyhton would say "I'm not dead yet"

I've been to exactly one MN12 car show which was one of Eric's AeroCats events. And it was fun. I was surprised as about 40 cars showed up. Everything from ohio beaters with holes in the floor to a full blown custom from the gateway. I was shocked in that people actually kinda freaked out over the 30th Anniversay and the fact I showed up with two of them. It was fun.

As the pool of cars get smaller we need to combine with other events. EG the SC Shootout. Ford Carlisle etc. Just to keep things active and and the cars on people's radar.

Weekend car shows are fun. Get to meet others. Swap parts etc.

·
Registered
2010 BMW M5
1,694 Posts
I'm with the others here, I think we have reached the point with this platform that we need to consolidate meets to a single event per year, that includes V8's SC's and etc. this will increase the head count at said events and make it easier to plan around one single event.

·
Is something burning?..
713 Posts
Thats a ditto from me. I plan to go the next meet, but ill have a whole different animal then.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I'm with the others here, I think we have reached the point with this platform that we need to consolidate meets to a single event per year, that includes V8's SC's and etc. this will increase the head count at said events and make it easier to plan around one single event.
I agree. I'd hate to see whatever support is left sink to even lower levels. I've had my car nearly 6 years and I'm just getting started. :)

Can't wait to make it cross country one of these years.

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
No pictures yet but it appears they had a good day at the track.

I'll paste a few quotes from the MAMN12 forum.

needabirdinva said:
Here is my fastest time of the day...

60-2.235
330- 6.418
660- 9.747
mph-72.77
1000- 12.571
1/4- 14.917
mph 98.08 Car ran good but man do I need gears and a tune lol I've been to the track a few times this year and I can't seem to hit that 100mph, I want my sticker lol. Fastest I've been with the bird is 99mph, I need to lose a few pounds(myself/car) lmao. Not listing my R/T's haha. I am so glad I was able to make it this year, thank you so much Ralph ! And Steve/Linda...you two are the best, thank you for all you do to put this all together. There is a Test & Tune in early Sept I hope to attend, who's down to run?

Chris C.
rjgraul said:
My best ever with my 94 SC

R/T .025
60 2.040
330 6.192
660 9.702
mph 70.13
1000 12.659
1/4 15.098
mph 93.15

Need some gears and a whole lot more to compete with you fast guys and girls.
Blown38 said:
got my best yet with SCARlet. [email protected] slow 60 at 2.0
StalkNCougar said:
The new Cougar spread its wings on track day as well. Unfortunately I couldn't compete with all the other modified cars there with my pure stocker. Tried to put an old Superchips in it but it didn't like it.

Best run of the day was a 16.37 and I dialed a 16.38 first round of eliminations and ran right on the dial but hit the red bulb leaving. Bought back in and redlit again 2nd pass. Rusty I guess after not running for over two years and running a different combo.

Still fun thought and I finally got some seat time.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I'm gonna do my best to attend next year. This past year I just couldn't do it. And the two previous years I was able to attend but without my beloved T'bird. I sold her this past Jan.. One of the saddest decisions I've made. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her. Gee, sounds like a woman..........

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm gonna do my best to attend next year. This past year I just couldn't do it. And the two previous years I was able to attend but without my beloved T'bird. I sold her this past Jan.. One of the saddest decisions I've made. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her. Gee, sounds like a woman..........
Bill, we'd love to have you and of course your camera skills as well.

It is my hope all those that have attended in the past, (current MN12-FN10 or not) will come and attend this final event.

I will be starting arrangements soon after Jan 3rd. I'll keep everyone posted as we progress.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.