TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly the time has come for my cougar. I have to suck it up and part it out and junk it. Too much rot, too many required repairs, too much body damage from serious jerks who like to do hit and runs. It's time.

So, I'm trying to gauge interest in the part out for my Alpine Green 96 Cougar.

roughly 135K on it give or take. Engine runs well, typical rusty crusty New England block though so you may not be interested in it. Trans is iffy, if you are seriously interested and are local you can pick it up and pay me a few hours labor to pull it.

Body is pretty well beat, RH door and trunklid are nice, everything else has it's flaws. Cladding trim is junk, hood and fenders have been hit as mentioned, bumpers are both cracked (again people suck) and the trunk carpet is junk.

The grey leather interior is really nice, drivers seat is the worst with only one tear and a few cracks in the leather. Needs to be cleaned but it's all there. It has a hacked to fit '97 console top in it with an LED mounted in a burn hole for cosmetics :D. Carpet has a hole worn in it where the loud pedal is so that probably isn't somethin to go for. Dash surrounds are driver quality.

I have set of Monroe EZShocks in the front with a few thousand miles on them and a set of gabriel rear shocks new in an open box. If you want the fronts, you'll have to wait until I can pull them at my shop in a few months.

Car has the K&N filter with the brackets and such, filter could use a cleaning but it's in great shape. Tailights and the rear panel all have cracks, not really worth too much to anyone who isn't desperate.

I think that is as honest of a representation for the car I can give, if anyone is interested in anything or wants pictures and a shipping quote let me know and make an offer on the part you want.

Sad to see the car go, but they can't all live forever!

Thanks for your time guys!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
How's the exterior upper windshield molding? My 97 is missing one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
hood frt mldg ? condition?
thank you!--irv

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
They don't interchange between Cougars/Tbirds ;)
I keep forgetting that. Makes no sense to me why they'd put a different outer windshield molding on the car.

·
Super Moderator
17,150 Posts
I keep forgetting that. Makes no sense to me why they'd put a different outer windshield molding on the car.
Not to stray off topic but The Cougar originally did share the black/rubber Tbird windshield and forward roof trim from 89-92, with Cougar specific rear roof trim to match. In 93 the Cougar's windshield trim was now shared with the new Lincoln Mark VIII, which surrounds the windshield in two pieces joined at a seam in the center, no longer tied to into the roof moldings, which were now a separate body color seamless pieces spanning across the whole roof.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not to stray off topic but The Cougar originally did share the black/rubber Tbird windshield and forward roof trim from 89-92, with Cougar specific rear roof trim to match. In 93 the Cougar's windshield trim was now shared with the new Lincoln Mark VIII, which surrounds the windshield in two pieces joined at a seam in the center, no longer tied to into the roof moldings, which were now a separate body color seamless pieces spanning across the whole roof.
Which looks quite a bit better in my opinion. Didn't know they where shared with the Mark though. That's interesting. I knew they were different between the birds and the cats. Rayo has a nice post about that. Or at least the bird part numbers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hood frt mldg ? condition?
thank you!--irv
The chrome strip? It came off a while back, broken tabs on it, sorry!

I'm looking for the parts to do an intake swap. Detailed list here:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=117556
That's a little involved, will have to wait until I get it to my shop to tear that out. I'll let you know once I really read into that other thread.

How are the sunvisors? I need a grey pair for my 96 cougar...
Good shape, a little dirty on the drivers side and the fabric on the mirror cover is peeling off. $15 plus shipping and they're yours with all the hardware etc. etc.

Is it power seats? If so, how is the driver motor?
Goes forward all day long and never in reverse, if it's something you're still interested in just pay shipping but I wouldn't mess with it TBH

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Goes forward all day long and never in reverse, if it's something you're still interested in just pay shipping but I wouldn't mess with it TBH
Thanks, no worries. How's the rear reflector panel?

When you say console top, is that the piece with the cupholders? Or the actual lid on the center console? If it is the cupholder piece, how "hacked" is it? Could you give me a pic to see how it looks?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, no worries. How's the rear reflector panel?

When you say console top, is that the piece with the cupholders? Or the actual lid on the center console? If it is the cupholder piece, how "hacked" is it? Could you give me a pic to see how it looks?
I have two of them, one was "tinted" with that VHT nite-shades stuff, the other has a hole in it (this car was an effing target in parking lots back in college) I'll get you pictures of both.

By console top I do mean the cup holders, It was one of those I didn't buy the heater pipe deals and I notched out the smaller cup holder so it would sit flush. I'll get you some pictures of that stuff this weekend.

Feel free to PM me your email or cell number and I can send the pictures the minute I take them.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I'll have to pass on the sunvisors, mine are in the same shape :)... Thanks though

Is the plastic underpan on the front bumper okay? It is the part that covers the radiator and such and is attached by a few plastic push-in like fasteners. I'm missing that on my tbird. IDK if its too big to ship or not, probably like 1'X4'. Doesn't weigh much though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll have to pass on the sunvisors, mine are in the same shape :)... Thanks though

Is the plastic underpan on the front bumper okay? It is the part that covers the radiator and such and is attached by a few plastic push-in like fasteners. I'm missing that on my tbird. IDK if its too big to ship or not, probably like 1'X4'. Doesn't weigh much though.

Kenz,

Do you mean the one that is typically removed to change the oil filter? If so, funny story, I took it off to do my first LOF years and years ago, left it off put it back on one day and that night it came off at speed on the highway. :rolleyes: So if that IS the one you want, unfortunately I have nothing to offer!

·
Registered
284 Posts
let me know if you still have the gauges I will like to have it. I kind of broke my needle while trying to replace my gear in side of the odometer.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts