TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found on a market place a 1997 mustang motor and t56 transmission. Now I'm not interested in a standard transmission ( well maybe but not now) I am writing on here cause I think I may have my final plan for a motor completely done. With a non-boost and a boosted plan.

First I would get the 97 motor I would have a local engine builder redo it with better rods and dished pistons and oil pump.( How much can a stock crank handle much needed info) once they do the short block. I have already located a trick flow intake and I would get the trick flow heads. And get the right throttle body and cam solved. Rest I can fabricate from aluminum and if I ever want maybe get a Paxton and the inter-cooler.

Now I know a Crate motor could be 5 grand. And my plan is to do a better motor, hoping under 10 and I would still have my stock motor in my 1996 t bird well I rebuild the 97 mustang motor?

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts

Yup.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Find a reputable engine builder and ask for cost for machined block, all bearings installed and engine assembled. Then you know the real cost of the build.

Have them source the rotating assembly as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts