TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,

Due to a sudden rise in money from designing webpage's it looks like I'm going to have enough to buy a engine, I just got in about a 1000$ today, more coming soon (over 4$).

I was looking at the crate engines in the Ford Racing catalog, would the cobra/mustang crate engines fit in our cars?

Thanks,
3ATM3

·
Registered
798 Posts
Best Value motor you can swap in, is the 2002 Explorer 4.6. It's all aluminum and it's PI (Performance Improved) and it's under 1200$ in most cases. Then you could upgrade from there. I'm pretty sure the Cobra/Mustang motors will swap right in also though, they're just not as good of a value.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well,

I mean I was looking at them and they are ranging from 300 hp to 600 hp and as most of you know I'm not the most savvy person in cars (hell I couldn’t tell you a clutch from a flywheel) however, these are pretty much already put together and rather simple to hook up (I would probably have my friends help me)... there's got to be a way for me to learn on how to improve cars without screwing mine up (which I'm worried about)

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
3ATM3,

The best way is to join a club and hang with guys who have cars the way you want yours. Learn from their mistakes.

Also, if you go to the N'awlins area, you might want to seek out "Zippy the Squirrel".

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Forget Ford, you should talk to modular people. People like Jim at Renegade. He can take your requirements and build an engine to suit your needs.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
A vic motor could work but the plenum faces toward that drivers side

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problems are when getting someone else to build it;
  • IF you don’t live close, shipping is outrageous.
  • It might not work right, because you aren’t close to the shop to put it in that day.
  • It could be outrageously overpriced (if you don’t know the guy).
  • Labor Costs

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
What about DSSRacing? Do they make good engines? I was going to go with one of their forged setups when I had the funds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts