TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Here's the deal: I was 3/4 quart low on oil, so I filled up yesterday with 5w-30. Also, the hose running to the upper portion of the PCV valve had a hole in it, so as a quick fix I covered it with duct tape until this morning. I went out and drove after that and my engine was bogging down real bad off the line, it would shudder and bog whenever i hit the gas from a standstill. But after I got going, it seemed(mostly) fine.

This morning I ripped the duct tape off the hole in the hose, and my car drove just fine. After testing it for a while, I went to get a new PCV valve, new connecting hoses, and a new PCV grommet to secure it to the top of the crankcase. After changing all of the, the bog is back from idle, although to a lesser extent. What am I supposed to do? What the hell is wrong with my car? When the hose was busted, it ran great; I fixed the hose and it bogs down. Can someone please give me an answer asap? I have to drive this thing for 3 hours back to college on Sunday, and I would like to have this cleared up. Thanks for all your help guys.

~Jon

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Have you checked for blockage, a collapsed hose, or something further up the line? Just an idea...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts