TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I have a bad cruise control or what, but when I'm on cruise and I go down a good sized hill where the car has to coast, it starts to buck. I don't know if the cruise is trying to slow the car from going faster or if there's another problem.

I also know that on hills where the CC has do downshift to keep the speed up, it drops not only out of OD, but down to 2nd.

Without the cruise on, the car runs fine. No bucking downhill and only drops out of OD only on the uphills.

Any ideas or whad to I have to fix or replace?

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris, this car was doing this before I changed my TC. I had smoked my original TC and I got one with a higher stall.

·
5,650 Posts
Hmm, I don't know. When my 96 goes on a steep downhill slope with the CC on, the pedal will let completely off. The RPMs will drop about 300 or so (if I was say at 75 mph) and the car will feel like it rumbles a little, then the RPMs will rise again to a little below where it was when it was locked. I don't know if this helps any but that's what mine does.

·
Registered
64 Posts
After my swap out to the splitport the attachment for the cruise control cable is in a different place. With the way I ran it it is in sort of a bind slightly and my car started right after that doing exactly what you described yours doing. Later I found that that was exactly my problem. Don't now if this helps you much, but maybe the cable is sticking a little bit either in the cable or at the cruise control module in the drivers front fender.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, THANKS!!!! I'll check it out.

PM me your email address. I'd like to talk about your splitport swap experiences. I have to postpone my swap due to the car eating the money for other repairs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts