TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....seems I've run into a small problem

Got a 95 XR7 and it just rolled over 114,500..haven't had any problems with the car since I bought it at 89k except the motor on the radiator fan went out.....

I changed my oil about a week ago....tonight I started it up and I heard a pretty loud knocking noise....not sure what it could be but the car started fine...and the RPM's stuck at 1 for a second....but never dropped back down to around 900 like it should...I tapped the gas BARELY and the car started its normal idle at 900 RPM but I still slightly heard the noise.... any suggestions???

·
Registered
607 Posts
Uh oh
When bearings go they start out as a slight knock and then get louder and louder. This may sound dumb but check your oil level. If you didn't fill it enough, the bearings may be oil starved. Before you figure out the problem don't drive the car. The more stress you put on the car the more you will need an engine rebuild. Take the car, or have him come to you, to a reputable mechenic. A knock is somthing you don't want to be messing with.

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go grab yourself a dictionary and look up Molybdenum Disulfide. Now, go on web and look for info on this, and try MrMoly for additional data. The stuff is very real, very natural and works like a charm. You have it in your body, it is a mineral, almost as tough as tungsten, shaped like stop sign, interlocks like paving stones, will not layer itself, only coats parts where there is pressure. Less fuel used, engine runs a bit cooler, is quieter, and is faster. Engine wear is reduces considerably. Don't believe me, learn for your self. I live in Canada and can purchase the product as an engine additive, auto tranny additive, manual tranny additive, and non-limited slip additive. There is chassi and drive train grease, chain lube, lock lube, anti seize compound as well. I don't know where you would purchase this in the U.S. other than MrMoly. AT that site you can read about the race cars that run with this in the oil. Now, get busy and go get some of this. Also, be very careful in what kind of super duper slippery additive you use. Some crystalize, shale off, score the engine and you loose 5-6 psi oil pressure. I use Moly in the lawn mower, snow blower, on the bike chains, as a general purpose lubricant and even in those pesky bathroom vent fans that keep on wearing out without the stuff. Enuf said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts