TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i took my car to the strip and the tranny broke (look under drivetrain forum for story). now after it broke, the car started once and stalled, then wouldn't start again. i hooked it up to a computer to get the error codes, and it said the fuel pump sensor and the backup sensor weren't responding. now when the tranny broke, it actually broke, the tailshaft and output shaft shattered, so the driveshaft bounced around. the only two things i could think of for this is either the driveshaft hit wires to the fuelpump, or the fuel cutoff switch in the trunk needs to be reset, but i'm not sure. any suggestions?:confused:

·
Registered
890 Posts
if there was any significant impact when it broke, it could have tripped the fuel cut-off. or maybe when the driveshaft or loose pieces were jumping around it kinked/broke a fuel line.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, maybe, but i'm not sure. See, i had the exhaust re don and the resonator, which is right under where it broke, was replaced with a rather larger muffler, so i don't think the driveshaft actually hit anything important. and i noticed that all the lines and wires appear to be intact.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Have you tried resetting the fuel pump cutoff switch? That's where I'd start since it will take you all of 30 seconds to try it.

-Rod

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i haven't tried it yet, but that was what i was goin to start with. i really hope thats where the prpblem lies, cause i really don't wanna have to lower the gas tank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts