TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I had to punch my gas pedal through the floor it pass some idiot. Everything was fine until it reached 3 k rpm when power dropped way off, still accelerateing but slowly, engine was even smooth. No check engine light. After that during normal driving could not notice any difference. Yet when I would get on my secret test strip (my friend has a .9 mile runway for small planes on his strawberry farm) About 50% of the time it would do the same thing, have very little power between 3 and 5,500 rpm until it shifts. The second it shifts it' runs great until the RPMs go up. Cleaned the MAF 6 months ago, platinum plugs and wires 25,000 miles ago. I currently am running a can of Techron injector cleaner in it now, noticed problem after I added the techron about half a tank to go. Engine has 125,000 miles, change oil every 4000 miles, it is down a quart at 3,000 miles. Dealer states that 1 quart every 3,000 miles is in spec for new 4.6 engines.
Anybody have any ideas????
Thanks to all,
Richard.:confused:

Richard Dalkranian
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Richard Dalkranian
Send email to Richard Dalkranian
Find More Posts by Richard Dalkranian
Add Richard Dalkranian to Your Buddy List

times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Contact Us - TCCoA Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top