TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi dudes..
I want know if the 3.8L V6 engine mounts are the same for 3.8L V6 SC?
because the vendor cant tell me if they are the same..

thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
sevilla said:
Hi dudes..
I want know if the 3.8L V6 engine mounts are the same for 3.8L V6 SC?
because the vendor cant tell me if they are the same..

thanks
I think that the metal brackets are slightly different on the left side, also I think
the SC is solid rubber as opposed to hydraulicly dampened. There are folks on
this thread who would know this for sure, contact a Ford parts dept they may
be able tell you if there is a difference.

Chris...........................

·
Registered
56 Posts
No they are not same motor mounts. If you are going to change them go with the solid mounts over the weak jelly filled mounts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vendor told me two type of mounts.. Solid and Hidraulic.. i know, the solid are best.. But he only told me the mounts are for:

89-92 3.8L V6

And i dont know if they can be used on SCs too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Get ahold of Dan Newman, he'll get you what you need probably cheaper than where your looking and if not at least you'll have the right part.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amm.. If you see my Info.. Im From mexico!.. I want buy here, because the delivery to my city its some expensive.

·
Registered
324 Posts
sevilla said:
Amm.. If you see my Info.. Im From mexico!.. I want buy here, because the delivery to my city its some expensive.
In that case sevilla go with the solids, they should fit.
There really is not all that much difference between
the two. :thumbsup:

Chris.............

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sevilla

Go with the solid mounts. I had a friend who put the jelly filled mounts in his supercoupe and a couple of months later he had to redo the motor mounts. IMO there is a big difference between the solid and the jelly filled ones. As for the brackets for the motor mounts you can only get them at the ford dealer and they are costly. When you purchase motor mounts you only get rubber inserts not the brackets. Just reuse your old brackets. To do the job it is time consuming and a real pain in the *** Take your time and you should be ok. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I concur about the solid mounts. The Supercoupe came with hydralic motor mounts from the factory, as did all MN12 Thunderbirds. Only problem is, many of the "solid" motor mounts offered by conventional auto parts stores are not truely solid at all, but rather hollow rubber pieces without the hydralic fluid inside. These mounts last no longer than hydralic, and maybe even less than Ford stock hydralic mounts. The best places to acquire quality mounts are www.mn12performance.com & www.supercoupeperformance.com. Unfortunately being in Mexico shipping will be high. There are other possibilities, one of them being that you could theoretically make your own mounts. Another possibility is to cut the solid mounts open to see if they are hollow. This could cost you money if they are in fact hollow though, depending.

A torque strap on your engine will help ensure the mounts do not ever fail again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts