TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IDK why but everytime i get above 4000 RPMs my motor makes a noise like a tinging noise, or maybe somthing loose. But it is definitly a metal noise. My other 94 bird made the same noise, i just thought it was a tired engine when it made the noise around 160k but this engine only has 77k on it. Any thoughts? I am sure this maybe a common problem, but you really got to know what your engine normally sounds like. Other people i ask to listen for it never know what to listen for. thanks

C.Hill

·
The Parts Guy
7,309 Posts
Does it sound like a bunch of ball bearings rattling around in a coffee can? Sounds like you've got a bit of detonation going on there.

-Rod

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it sound like a bunch of ball bearings rattling around in a coffee can? Sounds like you've got a bit of detonation going on there.

-Rod
Yes, i was trying to figure out the best way to describe it, and that pretty much sums up the sound.

C.Hill

·
5,650 Posts
Try some SeaFoam to clear out the carbon build up in the combustion chamber. Also make sure there are no vacuum leaks and that the MAF is clean. Could also try resetting the computer. Another alternative which doesn't fix the root problem is running higher octane gas.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i have heard of SeaFoam on here before, but what is it? Any other suggestions?

C.Hill

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
pull off the spark output plug by the maf sensor, fixed my pinging until I can replace my o2 sensors.

·
Registered
619 Posts
ok when i buy seafoam should i put, in the gas tank, oil and brake booster?

i heard the gas tank method is for cleaning the injectors, the brake booster is for cleaning the cylinders ect....but what does putting it in the oil do?

and i will be giving the car a tune up right after the seafoam

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
brake booster for upper intake down , in the oil for the internals .

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok when i buy seafoam should i put, in the gas tank, oil and brake booster?

i heard the gas tank method is for cleaning the injectors, the brake booster is for cleaning the cylinders ect....but what does putting it in the oil do?

and i will be giving the car a tune up right after the seafoam

:zwthstpd:

Ok thread stealer, I still need to konw what this seafoam is and what it does and where to get it.

C.Hill

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
IDK why but everytime i get above 4000 RPMs my motor makes a noise like a tinging noise, or maybe somthing loose. But it is definitly a metal noise. My other 94 bird made the same noise, i just thought it was a tired engine when it made the noise around 160k but this engine only has 77k on it. Any thoughts? I am sure this maybe a common problem, but you really got to know what your engine normally sounds like. Other people i ask to listen for it never know what to listen for. thanks

C.Hill
When I first got my car the car would ping (detonation) .

I fixed it by cleaning the Maf sensor wires .
http://tccoa.com/articles/intake/mafclean.html

The seafoam is used to clean
carbon build up and stuff . You can find it at most auto parts stores for about
5-7 dollars . Its kind of like a detergent , you will have smoke and the neighbors
are not going to like you for that moment till it burns all the carbon .

You can put it in the oil , in the gas tank and through the brake booster hose .

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey sorry for stealing your thread man, i just had been wondering about what it does on various parts of the motor

and thanks to everybody that helped

I was just kidding, ain't no thing.

C.Hill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts