TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
ive searched the forums...heres the problem...i cannot see behind the tb.....but i hear a hiss...the prob is...i start the car no matter if its hot or cold outside....if i let it run for a few minutes...i put it in park and go on my way...but if i dont let it run in park a few minutes,i put it in drive and it dies when i step on the gas...all the followin has been replaced...spark plugs,wires,gas filter,air filter...everything is new..thx!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I know I will get crud for this but here it goes clean the MAF. I think the "hiss" you are hearing is a combination of sounds. My cousin sprayed some kind of stuff all over my engine to locate the vac leak. Never stumbled once even saturating every vac line. But when I cleaned the MAF the problem went away but the hiss remained.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I'd check the large vac-T on the pass. side of the intake. They are known to crack there on the 95's.

Clean/replace your IAC. Sounds like it's sticking which will cause the dying at cold idle issue. Also clean the MAF.

Is there a CEL on?

Jay

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i vote for dirty maf...sounds to me like the A/F mixture may be off when first started, which may be causing the stalling, but once the engine is warmed up and in closed-loop using the oxygen sensors, the corrections take place and keep the a/f ratio where it is supposed to be

but also can't rule out hissing....thats definitely a vacuum leak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts