TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a 90 Thunderbird Supercoupe and 2 days later it spun a rod bearing... On the way home from getting the car the guy said the oil pressure gauge was messed up cause it kept goin down to no oil pressure... Then the one night it started chirping really loud (like a belt slipping or somthing) and then had no power at all.... Well he gave me all my money back and was gonna return the car and Then I offered $250.00 for the car the way it was.... Was that a good deal? It has brand new tires, The heads only have 6,000 miles on them, newer clutch, the car is in pretty good shape!!! The problem areas with the car are obviously the engine, and the abs.... I always wanted a supercoupe but never could find a good, cheap one!!! So I figured itll be like a brand new car with a rebuilt engine....

Anyways, what would be the best option for engines? Junkyard (Im afraid of getting a beat engine again, dont know how takin care of it was)... get a machine shop to rebuild mine, Go to advance auto parts to buy a reman. engine??? What would be the best/cheapest?

What would you do in this situation?

Check out my MYSPACE (Xenon Retrofits):
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=292455375

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go over to SCCoA and contact a guy named XR7 Dave. His name is Dave Dalke and he'll be able to set you up/

Thanks so much!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts