TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not a pro at determining whats wrong with the engine but last night i was driving home from work and evertime i would take off when the light turned green it felt like i was going to lose the engine and when i made it back closer to home the thermomastat rised up realy fast from c to h and the light came on saying check gagues so i parked it and opened the hood and the engine didn't feel hot at all so i looked around and noticed that the fuel injector had some fluid ozzing out of it and it was realy hot over it,also it had a weird smell to it. the radiator was full of antifreeze and the engine oil was full to i just think it was time for something to go but i can't determine it . the car has 113,000 miles on it and just wondering if anyone else had this problemand what it could be and how much it would be to get repaired.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Any smoke from the tail pipes? Any OIL in your anti-freeze? The symptoms are classic head gasket failure. Know anyone close by that has lots of experience with the Ford 3.8?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is no smoke coming from the tail pipes and no oil in the antifreeze it just overheats and right over where the fuel injector is it gets realy hot and under the car in the same spot the injector is it's leaking fluid all over the ground and i haven't even started the car all day

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
I've heard of hydrolocked pistons. I wonder if this happened. It almost sounds like you'll be tearing down this engine to find the cause and fix it.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
sounds more like a leaky fuel injector o-ring. I'd replace the o-ring and your thermostat just to be on the safe side. Doesnt sound like a headgasket to me. Sounds nowhere near a hydrolock. Hydrolock would involve the engine not even running, it wouldnt even turn over.
-Thomas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts