TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about ripping out my engine and rebuilding it. What can i expect to spend and what parts should i get for optimal performance.

Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
First, welcome to the board.:)

Now for your question. It is one that is very open ended and you will get tons of suggestions. Since I am right in the nmddle of an engine project, I'll share with you what I know.

First the 95 engine is not the engine to start a performance oriented build with. The heads are very limited and cannot be ported. The block not much better. Although there is a guy with the screen name Han Solo out there with bolts ons and cams running in the mid 13's with a 94-95 base engine.

I will suggest that you do a search and read some of the previous threads on this subject. First you have to decide how much you are going to spend and then how much power wish to make. Once you figure that out you may have to adjust one to match the other.

I will tell you that I have a forged engine with ported, heads, aftermarket cams, and a SVO SC that is really the red headed stepchild of blowers. Buying lots of stuff used but having the short block professionally done. I will easily have over 5 figures into it. That is with my friend and I doing the swap of the engine and all the other little things that need to be done. With a conservative estimate of about 325 at the rear wheels (crosses fingers and toes)!

There also other possibilty like PI engine swaps, with the Explorer engine swap being very popular for the MN-12 crowd.

Good luck! You can go as fast as your pocket book allows you!:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts