TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some engine kits that include Bearings, rings, and other nessesary items to lengthen the life of my 95's V8. For 200 extra you get pistons and a new oil pump, Worth it?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
does the motor already have a problem? what kind of milage the 281 is well built and many can live without any probelms for 200,000+ miles

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
There are some engine kits that include Bearings, rings, and other nessesary items to lengthen the life of my 95's V8. For 200 extra you get pistons and a new oil pump, Worth it?

Forget the pistons unless you are going to pay to have them pressed onto the rods. Ford had 3 different sized pistons in the stock motor, and your bores are probably wore anyway. Just get another shortblock IMHO, people practically give them away. I have been given 3 4.6 motors for free in the last year, 2 of them had perfect bores.

·
Registered
573 Posts
If there is nothing wrong with the motor do not pull it out unless you are willing to replace a lot of worn out stuff. Starter, Ider pulley, a/c compressor, power steering pump and rack, serp belt, all that good stuff. You only get one chance to do it all right when the engine is out. It's a project. Start with the bolt ons and rebuilding the suspension.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
+1

change the oil and run seafoam through it like stated above. drive it till the motor blows.

when i got my 04 engine i was beating my old engine to death seeing how it was on its way out lol

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
drive it till it blows up and then buy a PI. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts