TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've just got a simple question. my motor has had some major problems over the last weak. by problems i mean severe over heating followed by head gaskets and the motor becoming hydrolocked. well, i'm currently looking into an engine rebuild, but i am worried that with all thats gone on that i might be looking for a new motor. so my question is, when removing the old motor, how much of iit has to be taken apart before it can come out? i mean, aside from unbolting the mounts, engine-tranny bolts and all the hoses and wiring, o and the intercooler tubes and exhaust. could i just hook the lift up to it and pull it out in one piece is wat i guess i'm askin. thanx

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have found it much easier to remove the trans along with the engine, its easier to mate them outside of the car. Unhook the shifter linkage, trans cooler lines, speedo wire and the other multipin connector, drop the driveshaft and it will come out with the motor.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
When I yanked my sc engine, I took off all the intercooler pipes and supercharger, wrapped one chain around the rear inlet, and wrapped the other chain around the front accessory bracket, then pulled the whole engine and transmission at once. It took about 3 hours with 3 friends helping out this way.
-Thomas

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm, mayb i'll try that then. thanx

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm, mayb i'll try that then. thanx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts