TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,.....here's the deal.

My temperature gauge never worked, so i decided one day to change out the sending unit to the gauge. So i do this, and at the same time i put in a 180 tstat because i'd be ordering a chip in a week or two. Now that i have my chip in, the car is still running REALLLLLLLY COLD. I mean it hardly EVER goes up to the N in normal, it stays 90% of the time on the line just above the blue line.

Since this is the case, and the wiring going to the gauge is good (i grounded it out and the gauge pegged, along w/ installing a new sending unit), should i take out the 180 and go back to the 192/197 eventhough i have a chip?.......Thanks in advance!

·
8,239 Posts
the stock temperature guage reads the 180 degree thrmostat as below the N in normal.

I would say that it is normal for it to read below the N in normal all the time, mine has done it ever since I got the chip/thermostat.

Just make sure the radiator hose is getting hot and coolant is flowing.

JH

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
The stock Tstat doesn't open up until 195*F or so, and it operates around 205* most of the time... it's quite normal for it to read low after the temp drops 15*. Don't worry about a thing, its working fine :)

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Don't worry about it, like Silver95 said.
After I bought my pickup (used), during the first winter, the heater would never warm up. Turns out the tstat was stuck open. Changed it out and now it works fine. That was the only side effect I ever saw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts