TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard somewhere that when you put a flowmaster on, the engine will run warmer. I forgot if he said just for a little while, or forever....

But...I put a flowmaster 40 series muffler on my car Friday, and on the way home I noticed that my temp gauge was higher than normal and the oil pressure was a tad higher also. The weather was low 50's and rainy.. Now, last night i drove about 30 miles in the same weather conditions and it didnt heat up at all. Was I just seeing things, or was the comment about the flowmaster really true?

Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
I dont see how that can have any effect, if anything a tiny minut lower temp of like a degree or something from more flow and less time for the exhaust to heat but just a muffler wouldn't make that difference

·
Registered
801 Posts
would glasspacks and removed cats?????

make the car run warmer b/c mines is, i gutted the cats and i have dual glaspacks and my car will run to the R in NORM. I think it might be the gutted cats.... but hey more flow right????

Marvin M.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Running gutted cats and glasspacks, you are looking forward too some burnt valves....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
What causes the valves to burn? Is it the gutted cats or the glass packs? I have gutted cats, and just replaced the large cat with a high flow cat and dual flowmasters......am I ok or do I run the risk of the burnt valves also??

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had flows put on my car and have been noticing it getting warmer in temp. I only started to notice it on my trip back from Missouri. My temp gauge has been peeking over the half-way point a couple of times in the last week. I have a new thermostat to put in when i have a chance. I dont know if this will help at all.

Anyways , mine has been getting warmer also and with the temp's in the morning you wouldn't think it would get that warm. 50-65 degrees in the morning in Oklahoma

1 - 6 of 6 Posts