TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed every year in the summer weather that while riding in the city with the a/c on, my temp needle stays close to hot. My fan works, I have plenty of coolant. What can I do to fix this, I noticed the same thing on my mom's 96. My wife has a trailblazer and you can park and leave the a/c for a long time and the engine not get hot. I put a tranny cooler on last week while I was having my tranny rebuilt. Is there anything at all, this is frustrating when you cant run your a/c when the temp is above 80degrees outside. We have bad humidity and heat in west TN.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Have you tried a bottle of Water Wetter? Royal Purple also makes a coolant additive...The Water Wetter seems to do the trick for me.

joseph

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Make sure the radiator fins are cleaned out. Do a flush and refill.

Take radiator to a shop for professional cleaning and rodding. Costs about $35 here if you take just the radiator in.

Upgrade to double core radiator. I THINK the 03 Cobra one works, but have to buy fan shroud and pigtail also. It doesn't have a built-in cooler, but you have and external. You'll have to do a search to find out more.

I just did the 02 explorer swap and had my stocker cleaned and rodded and it works great. I have yet to get above 1/4 into the normal range under any condition. We have about the same weather here (90s with 90s humidity).

Hope this helps
Rob

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I will do the clean and refill first. I have never cleaned it, it probably has some buildup in it. I saw and ad for water wetter somewhere, mayber 5.0 magazine or spike tv. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Advance and Autozone also sell the Water Wetter, same price as Summit Racing. Under $10.

If you end up needing a new radiator, I got mine cheap, and brand new, from www.radiator.com . Made by the same OEM supplier that Ford uses (Visteon).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts