TCCoA Forums banner

Engine Shaking

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Dartanion 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a small problem with my cat. When i start it up the engine shakes even after it has warmed up, i have checked the plugs and they all are in good shape no fouling or anything else, gap is good on them. Also when driving down the road you can feel what i call a miss every so often, plug wires seem to be in good shape although i haven't changed them in about two years now. Any ideas what might be causing my shake and miss?

#6 ·
How do you know they are good? I thought mine where good until I replaced them and one fell apart in my hand as I was pulling it out from under the car.... :eek:

Might shook at idle too.

#4 ·
i was thinking engine mounts too. maybe trans mounts? try cleaning your maf, check your distributor and rotor, change your plugs and wires....

#5 ·
i have to change my motor mount and trans mount, but it doesn't "shake" at idle. it does at speed when i let off. i think you have a vac leak somewhere. clean the maf (or unplug it) and see what that does.

#8 ·
Might verify that the harnesses going to the injectors is firmly connected.

#9 ·
mine shakes a little bit off & on at idle or startup, most everything is new i wouldnt worry too much about it as long as its not excessively bouncing around. just think of it as a massage chair :D the warm startup & bad idle, it must be a ford thing have a friend with a 92 f250 with a 351 and it will do a little shimmy randomly too

#12 ·
Well we could be kin, Since i posted that. I have done a few few things to the little kitty, the ignition coil was replaced and i replaced the plugs and wires yesterday so far the shake and the power that came and went at highway speeds seems to be gone now,she is purring like she is suppose to. Maybe try these things and see if it helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.