TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this questions/discussion before. The previous time because I was offered a 5.4L 4V from a Lincoln Navigator, but that engine will not fit, too big. It will of course fit with a lot of work like building a complete new front suspension and frame rails etc. but with normal machanic skill, no.

My question is what types of engines will and will not fit. The first that will go in is the 4.6L 2V, because that is what sits there now. How about all the other 4.6L and 5.4L with 2V, 3V and 4V?

I think that it is better to ask first and buy later. It will save me a lot of work and money. My car is a -94 T-bird LX with V8

Berth

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
All 4.6's will fit sohc and dohc, the 5.4 sohc will fit, the 5.4 dohc requires modification. The big block 460 fits, the 3.8 fits, the 5.0 fits, and I'm sure others fit with modification.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
there is a 96 or so bird on youtube with a chevy in it... 5.2 vortec or something...it's crossbreeding which i'm not reallly into but it sounds nice is supposidly pretty quick and no doubt unique so those fit too

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info. There was a lot of different engines, but when I change I will go for a V8 from the modular family.

I will have my car on the road in less then a month, after total rebuild of rear end. Nice to have you all to discuss with. There are not that many to discuss with here in Sweden as this car was never sold here as new. All the ones, which we have are private imported.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts